.....because they are always full of fun shared with family & friends. This weekend we went for a drive down to The Bay to visit with my favourite Aunt & Uncle. They have a gorgeous home right on the water front, but they are renting that out at the moment because they went for a year long holiday to Canada to visit their daughter and her family. Now that they are back home in OZ they are house sitting for friends who are away visiting their daughter and family. So we went to visit my Aunt & Uncle at the house where they are house sitting for a couple of months. This home was completely amazing. It was a 3 story house, and by that I don't mean that it was a 2 story home with split level to make it look 3 story, I mean that it had 3 complete story's to it. It had 2 kitchens, 6 bathrooms, 5 bedrooms, 2 laundry's, an office, a library, a workshop, 4 living areas, 6 fire places,and 3 wrap around decks one on each story of the house. The thing that toally blew me away was that the inground swimming pool was actually on the second floor of the house making it seem like it was suspended in the air. The view from the pool were the tops of the huge trees growing up near the house! Amazing. The couple who own the house have lived there for a long time, so the decor was a little dated for my taste so I didn't take too many photo's of the inside, mainly of the views and the pool. Then after we enjoyed a lovely morning tea with my Aunt & Uncle we piled into my brand new truck (which is why we went to visit, to show them my new car) and drove down to the water. The tide was way out when we were there, so it didn't look as nice as it does when the tide is full, but it was still a gorgeous day to be out walking along the beach and through the many parks. It was so windy, making our normally mild winter days feel colder than usual, but we had a wonderful time anyway. Then we all went back to the house for a delicious lunch and spent the afternoon watching the sun set over the mountains in the distance. I am so grateful and blessed to have my elderly Aunt & Uncle in my life, they are the most amazing Godly people and everyone who knows them loves them just as much as we do! So now on for the tour I promised!
Here are a couple of photo's of the pool. It's hard to show you that it's way up in the air just by these photo's because it just looks like an inground pool, but if you look to the left you will see the tree tops!


Some pool views......




A stroll along the beach on a winter's day......





This Ibis bird was enjoying someone's picnic lunch while they played in the park! lol Cheeky little fella!

Along the beach front there is a man made wading pool that has been here for years and years. Recently the whole area went through a 16 million dollar upgrade. It looks really nice again now, clean and new. This wading pool has a sand bottom and the water is ocean water that goes through this huge filtration system. During the Summer this pool is crowded with children laughing and splashing, but today the only ones brave enough to get into the icy water were......

these little boats. There were heaps of men with their little remote controls racing these mini yachts all around the pool. We had a good laugh watching their faces! lol



Well there were a couple of others who were brave/crazy enough to go into the Winter water, these 2 little girls thought playing on the slippery dip was just so much fun!

One of the many picnic areas. These are full of people in the Summer, but the day we were there only the picnic tables near the play grounds were full.

Can you see how windy it was?! Oh my goodness! I thought for sure that our little Paris Fifi was going to become airbourne at any moment! lol

See the cute little fish that are imbedded in the walkway paths. Nice touch!

So that concludes our little tour from our day at The Bay. I love to go for drives down there because it holds special memories for me from my childhood. Many a school holiday was spent down with my Aunt & Uncle while my mum had to work, and I enjoyed every second I shared with them. I hope you are all having a wonderful start to the week. The next time I post, I have some awards to say thank you for and to share with you all too! Until next time..............Amanda xxx
28 comments:
What a wonderful place to picnic and play. I love the wading pool. They should do something like that here in Calif. for the children.
Oh, how lovely...like a tropical paradise...I would love to get my toes wet in that pool! Glad you had such a fun weekend. Happy Days, sweet Amanda ((HUGS))
Hi AManda
Doesn't this look like a great place to live! So sunny and bright...and the pool is in a great and unusual location! Thanks for taking me with you!
:0)
Tara
Well, that was fabulous! The sand and sun look so inviting. I can feel the sand between my toes :-)
What beautiful views!
I love the little sailboats, too!
Pat
Hi Amanda :)
What a beautiful place to vacation! The view is amazing from the deck. You made me laugh with your description of the wind and Paris Fifi LOL
And yes, zipping the lips is a very hard thing to do, when you're a protective mom ;)
hugs,
rue
Amanda, that was wonderful. That beautiful blue sky, the water and the palm trees make me homesick.
Hi Amanda! Oh, how sweet that you have such a sweet relationship with your aunt and uncle. How fun for them to house sit. Now does your auntie have to clean this big old house by herself? lol! The beach looks lovely and congratulations on your new truck!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi Amanda, I enjoyed my day at the bay. :)
wow...such beautiful places!
so glad your weekend was great
I've been a lazy blogger and have not come by to see you Amanda. I've missed you. I am enjoying all of your beautiful pictures. What a gorgeous place you live. I will be back to read your next post this afternoon. Hugs, Kathi
You live in such an amazingly beautiful place!!!!
M ^..^
Just got back from camping in Sequoia (near the national park of redwood trees and sequoia giant trees) ... we had a great time but I am so glad to be back over to your blog.
LOVE the photos of the beach. That man made wading pool looks so fun ... the whole beach looks inviting. Great photos!
Also I loved that tea kettle night light. So pretty. And paris fifi looks SO cute on your bed. I loved the remodel photos. They look AWESOME. A really nice light touch. Very inviting.
Sorry I've been gone so much! But I think about you OFTEN and always look forward to getting back over here.
HUGS!
Wendster
hi Amanda,
Thanks very much for your lovely comment on my blog.
What a wonderful photo's!
You sure had a wonderful time.
Have a lovely weekend.
Monique.
Wow, lovely pictures Amanda. The house sounds amazing. I'm so glad you have such a special bond with your aunt and uncle. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Hugs,
Rose
Everything looks so refreshing.
Hey ... I neglected to comment on the AMAZING HOUSE. WHOA.
Did you get to go for a swim? A second story pool. I have never HEARD of such a thing.
But I DID visit a friend in West Virginia (in the states) who owned a home with three stories (last story kind of attic-y, plus it had a basement, making it more like four) and it had two kitchens and probably four bathrooms ... and that was the FIRST time I had ever heard of a house having more than one kitchen. cool!
Wish you had a photo of the house.
Wish I had a photo of his house in West Virginia. You would have loved it.
You need to come back and do another post. We miss you!
great pics..i love the little remote controlled boats!
Wow...it sure does not look like it's anywhere near Winter there! Lovely photos Amanda!
hugs,
robin
... just stoppin in to say "hi" and to say "hope your week is super."
I'm having another giveaway. Hope you come by and check it out.
How I would love to be there...it is all so beautiful dear Amanda!
You truly do live in paradise.
Love,
Sue
I'm just discovering your blog - this looks like a fab house. What a beautiful place. Pretty gorgeous in the "winter" by my American New England standards. Summer is ending here and I would love to be hanging out on your end of the earth!
gWhat lovely photos and all so colourful. I suppose winter is nearly over in Australia. It is hot here today in South Africa. Straight from winter into short spring and then summer! Have a good day! Eleanor
Gosh your photos look great, really great. Where is that little pond pool? Please tell me where (email is fine)!
What a great place! I love it. The veiws are amazing! So glad you got to visit your sweet uncle and auntie!
xox Sharon
Gosh so beautiful. I bet you had a ball.
Post a Comment