Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thank you!



These flowers are for you......thank you to all of you dear sweet ladies for all of your prayers and emails! Through the power of all your prayers, John is feeling so much better, still not good, but much better than he was. The swelling has almost gone, the bruising is fading, and the pain is becoming less each day. Praise God! We've been to the dentist 3 times already, and are due to go again tomorrow and Friday. All being well, John should be back on deck next week for work. He'll still have to take it easy and be extra careful of bumping his face, and making sure to keep the injured area clean, but at least he should be able to talk properly again! I truly believe it's because he's had your thoughts and prayers with him each day that has made his recovery as good as it has been, so thank you....THANK YOU! It's been wonderful and such a comfort to our family just knowing that he's been on your hearts these last few days. I appreciate you all so very much! I just wanted to give a quick update and let you know that I'll be around to visit with you all soon, until then though, take care my friends and have a wonderful rest of the week! Love Amanda xxx

21 comments:

Saguaro Chick said...

That is such wonderful wonderful news! The power of prayer is a strong one! This is certainly a tough journey, so glad to know it seems to be going in the right direction. We have missed you terribly Amanda! You take good care of yourself too. I wish I could come by and bring a giant chocolate cake with me and have a cuppa together!

Pam said...

That is great news. I hope that John continues to impove and is feeling well very soon. Take good care of yourself, too--I'll be keeping you both in my prayers.
Hugs and blessings,
Pam

Mo said...

It is good news! Thanks for the update. Bless your sweet family.
Love,
mo

Elena said...

Thank you for the lovely impatients. They are one of my favorites:) I am so glad that your husband is feeling better and is recovering. I will keep in my prayers for continued healing.

Sometimes It's Good said...

Thank you for the update. I'm so glad that John is getting better. Take care of yourself, too. Lots of hugs to you! We miss you!

PAT said...

It's so good to hear John continues to improve!

Thanks so much for the update, Amanda!

Jan said...

Oh my friend, I do so pray that John will be healing quickly! I'm happy to hear that he is already feeling a bit better. Please know you all are in my thoughts and prayers always! Take care!

Tara said...

Whew, Amanda! I am so glad to hear your 1TrueLove is feeling so much better...hey, you need a licensce plate to honor him!

Ruthie said...

I'm so glad your hubby is feeling better. We'll pray for continued healing and a complete recovery! God certainly does answer prayer!
Take care of yourselves.
Oh, and thanks for the flowers...they're beautiful!
Hugs.

Kathi said...

I'm so glad to hear John is on the mend. God is good. I'm so glad it did not get him in the eye. I hope he sleeps comfortably tonight. Kathi

Tracy said...

Hi, Amanda! We're just back from holiday...And what news here! I'm so relieved your John is ok and recover well...Prayer flying his and your way :o) I'll be back soon...once the jet lag has worn off--LOL! ((BIG HUGS))

Rose of Sharon said...

This is such good news. I am so glad to read that he is recovering nicely. Isn't it just wonderful to have our blogging friends pray! This is the extra cool thing about blogging! I asked for prayer for my hubby because of his dangerous job and so many women said they would pray! I told him about it and he was comforted by that and thought is was so neat.

Don't forget to take care of you during all of this too Amanda!

Huggies,
Shar

ohiofarmgirl said...

What wonderful news...the power of praving wives! God os Good. Dianntha

Dawn said...

So glad that John is feeling better,
will keep praying for you all through this trial.......Hugs
Dawn x x

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy to read this news. You must be taking very good care of your one true love.

I'll keep you all in my prayers. Please keep us posted when you can.

joyh82 said...

I was so sorry to read about your
dh...but glad to hear he is doing a lot better. That had to be so frightening for you all. I will keep him in my prayers for a full recovery.

bj said...

oh, Amanda, this is such good, good news. I have thought of him and you so often these last few days.
Hopefully, things will settle down and get back to normal for you soon. I am so thankful his injury wasn't a life threatening thing.
love, bj

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Oh sweetheart, I'm so happy he's doing better. Of course he will continue in my prayers. Sending you a big hug.
Rose

Sometimes It's Good said...

Hi, I hope everything is going better now. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs, Susan

Baby Vagabond said...

I am so glad your Hubby felt good enough for a field trip......it must have done you all a world of good. Spring is just beautiful in your neck of the woods! The flowers were wonderful to see.

I am ready for sweater weather and snuggling by the fire. I know I will regret not spending more time outside right now but I must sew, sew, sew!!!!

((Hugs)) Rosie

Susie Q said...

I am so happy he is healing and that is going well. Poor John. I hated to hear about this but now all is headed in the right direction and before you all know it, this will be just a memory.
I will keep you all in my prayers.

Love,
Sue