Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bygone days...

On the weekend my elderly Aunt and Uncle came over, and my Aunt brought with her some things that she thought I would like to have......and she was right! Thank you Aunty Claire, I love you sweetie!


This is a very old crystal salt, sugar, and pepper set, with a butter dish. The salt & pepper are missing their lids, and the salt bottle is quite foggy (even after a run through the dishwasher), but I think they are just gorgeous!


My Aunt Claire is going through all of her treasured possessions and deciding what she would like to keep and what she would like to pass on to her beloved family members. Nearly every time we see them (which is very often) they have something else to give me that they know I will just love. They are just so cute and sweet, my Aunt & Uncle!


I've placed this beautiful little set on my writing table in the livingroom so that I can see it all the time. I love it, and I'm thankful not only that my dear Aunt thought to gift me with something that she loved, but I'm thankful just for my Aunt whom I adore and always have.


My Aunt also gave me this teeny tiny little marcasite encrusted watch. It's so dainty. My Grandparents gave each of their daughters a piece of marcasite jewelry on their 21st birthday. My mother was given a marcasite ring (which I have had now for many years), and my Aunt Claire was given this watch. I love that my family have all of these traditions, my Grandmother was a stickler for family and tradition. I am also thrilled that these things are being passed on to me to cherish for the next generation. And I will.


This cute little glass dish was just another item that my Aunt thought I would like because of the lace under the plastic. She knows me so well! lol


Just thought I'd share these things with you today. Wishing you all a happy day full of things that make you smile too!

Love Amanda xxx.

10 comments:

Sometimes It's Good said...

I love to have things that my mother, my aunt or my grandmother used. Lately I've been giving Caren some things since she has her own apartment now. A couple of months ago I bought a Royal Albert "Old Country Roses" plate to remind me of my Aunt Irene who had that pattern of dishes.
Hugs, Susan

Karen H. said...

Good Morning/Evening Amanda,
Thought I would drop by and see how you are doing. I love the crytal items your Aunt gave you as well as the Marcasite watch. I love Crystal myself, ut don't have anything atiquish. Maybe someday all mine will b antiquish to our girls. LOL> Your Aunt has given you some very nice things and I know you are proud to hav e them. Thank You for sharing thrm with us. Take care my frind and have a great day/evening. May GOD Bless you and yours.
Love,
Karen H.

Terri Steffes said...

Your auntie is a dear. Those are lovely. You are so blessed to have them!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How wonderful to have these pretties past down in the family.

Elena said...

Wow, such beautiful heirlooms and beautiful family. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Rose of Sharon said...

I love all your sweet treasures from your auntie. That little crystal s&p and butter dish are wonderful! I also really love that goregous watch. How neat that you have such beautiful things to remember your aunt!

Hugs, Sharon

Erica said...

I love your new family treasures! I am glad your aunt could give them to you herself, that is so sweet.

I love the bling keyboard and mouse.

Anonymous said...

Amanda, how wonderful that they love you so much - and that they share their treasures with you. They must be quite a blessing in your life.

Linda said...

What a loving and generous Aunt and Uncle you have. They sound like such a blessing!

Wendster said...

Love the marcasite tradition. Makes me think: Do I have enough traditions at my house? Any traditions at my house? LOL.


Beautiful.