Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What the?!







Ok, this is getting just a little freaky now. These are photo's that I've taken over the last week from my front & back yard. I haven't done anything to the pics, this is what it's looking like just on dusk. Kinda eerie hey. I do believe that Autumn is doing her best to scare Summer away, and by joves, I think it's working! lol The one with the long vertical clouds fascinates me, but it also gives me the heebee geebee's! If you're looking for me, I'll be the shaking lump under the doona covers...

21 comments:

CatHerder said...

Beautiful! I keep forgetting your seasons are opposite lol! We dont get too many rainbows, theyre few and far between...when we were in Hawaii, though, we would see them EVERY DAY! Have a good one!

Saguaro Chick said...

Ditto! When I looked at that third photo I thought the same thing....what the??! Looks like the clouds are melting. Very eerie! Those are some very cool photos you took. It is amazing the different moods of the sky....and you captured them beautifully! Taking pictures of the sky is a favorite thing of mine during monsoon season when she is really rumbling and changing up there! Awesome pictures, I loved them!

Leslie

Saguaro Chick said...

Had to take another look....that last photo looks like the palm of a hand with six fingers....what do you see?

bj said...

Beautiful but a tad scary...move over...I'm getting under the covers, too. :P
Don't forget to watch the 2nd day of the ROOSTER PARADE over at How Sweet The Sound (info on my blog, too)....
hugs, bj

Anonymous said...

GREAT sky shots. Especially the sideways clouds. Hope you are well and out from unnder the doona!

Rue said...

Good Morning Amanda :)

Those are really weird clouds! You and Bj better move over, because I'm climbing in too! ;) Beautiful rainbows!

Oh and in case you're wondering, I'm putting the award on todays blog because I didn't want to look funny after just doing a post about another one. I'm weird, huh? Wait, don't answer that LOL

Have a beautiful day today my friend!!
rue :)

ohiofarmgirl said...

Amanda, I don't beleive I have ever seen such verticle clouds but they sure are beautiful!
Thanks so much for the award...I am smiling!!!!!!
Well, off to piano lessons...then raking the yard...then maybe tomorrow more pics of my bedroom project. Dianntha

Jasminé said...

What gorgeous photographs, as usual Amanda! I love the rainbow, and thats the first time I have ever seen vertical clouds.
You have amazing weather in Australia.
Right now, I am just praying for the sun and a well deserved PROPER spring..come on...come on...
x

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow - totally awesome pictures. I, too, love taking sky pictures.

I like to find "thing" in the shape of clouds.

You see we are all enjoying the same sky - it just gives each of us a different show.

Thanks for sharing your view.

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Girl, those pictures are Awesome! But what the heck is a doona cover? And will we all fit?

((hugs)) Rosie

Linda said...

Hi Amanda, thank you so much for the lovely awards, I am honored and thank you so much for thinking of me.
I think your sky pictures are beautiful.....I love rainbows, for good luck and the cloud formations are awesome, but very unusual, especially the third one.

Your family gathering does sounds wonderful and all the food too yummy. Great times with lots of wonderful memories. Have a happy day and blessings to you and yours. Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow, what amazing rainbows! I'm glad that I found you (rabbit trailing through Christian Women Online). . . actually, right about now I'm kinda pooped!!!

Anonymous said...

Sooooooooooo Gorgeous Amanda - thank you!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

Tara said...

Gorgeous, Amanda! What a beautiful fall sky!

PAT said...

Amazing photos, Amanda!

Pat

Anonymous said...

These are breathtaking Amanda. I haven't seen such a beautiful rainbow in a long time and the cloud foundations are Heavenely.
Hugs,
Dy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. Im so happy it is cooling off for you.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

That rainbow has got to be the most beautiful shot I've seen. Ohio Girl blog sent me your way. Thanks for sharing such wonder and beauty.

FarmHouse Style said...

Hey, Amanda! I love the rainbows:) Your sky is much bluer than ours. The cloud formations are very unique, especially the last, it's like you can see a face in it...kinda strange.

Thank you so much for the Friendly Site award. Since you are one of the friendliest bloggers I have met so far, I consider it a great compliment:)

BTW, Thanks for stopping by my Hubby's site to say "Hello."

Have a great day.....
~Rhonda

Rose of Sharon said...

How gorgeous! I love that huge rainbow! God is so creative!

Hugs, Sharon

Celene said...

That's the bluest ocean and sky I've ever seen! Is your cottage on the beach? What a wonderful lifestyle. I live in the middle of the US with nothing but corn fields and cows for scenery. It's pretty sometimes, but nothing beats living on the water. Please take a look at my blog sometime. God Bless, Celene
http://celenestreasurechest.blogspot.com/