Friday, June 19, 2009

Cheap thrills.....

Hi ladies! I know posting a photo of your bedroom and titling your post cheap thrills can be slightly misleading.....but it's not what you may be thinking! lol


no, the cheap thrills I'm talking about are these.....


I'm still not well, but had to drag myself to the grocery store so that my beloved family do not perish from starvation over the weekend, and decided to pop these little pretties in my shopping trolley....


and for $2.99 from Aldi, the happy feeling they give me each time I walk into my bedroom is priceless....


and my other cheap thrill today was finding this juicer for $6 at Coles grocery store. This is just perfect for juicing a few lemons and oranges when I make my favourite Barefoot Contessa lemon or orange pound cakes. Will save me dragging out my big food processor with it's juicer attachment. Yay! Like I said...cheap thrills!


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. May it be full of little unexpected pleasures for you too.............love Amanda xxx

6 comments:

Wendster said...

What great finds!

It's definitely worth it to pick up "pick me ups".

Have a great weekend, too.

Beverly said...

Great cheap thrills. I hope you're feeling some better, and that you will be well soon.

Terri Steffes said...

I love your flowers. We all deserve something nice when we are sick!

Four Paws and Co said...

The pretty flowers should lift your spirits. I hope you feel better soon. Great deal on the juicer too. Please give Lulu hugs for me. ☺ diane

Claudia said...

Feel better soon! You got some great deals - love the flowers in your beautiful bedroom!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I do hopw you are feel so much better. I wish I could trade weather with you. We are 90 and humid and i would love some cool weather....70 degrees is just perfect for me...alas summer has started here. Dianntha