Monday, June 8, 2009

A gift for you.....

Hi ladies! I hope you've all had a very happy weekend my dear bloggy friends! This weekend was a long weekend here for us in OZ in honour of the Queen's (of England) Birthday. We've had a terrific long weekend, enjoyed having family over for a meet LuLu party, then today (Monday) went for a long leisurely drive in the country. I'll share photo's from our drive today in my next post, but for today I wanted to join Cindy from My Romantic Home in her giveaway party!

The gift that I would like to giveaway is to honour my American blog friends for their upcoming July 4th celebrations. I have a little red, white and blue striped basket, a little wooden heart with the American flag painted on it, and an American TY bear called "Spangle". If you would like to enter to win this patriotic little parcel, then all you have to do is to tell me what it means to you to be an American living in your beautiful America. My family and I will read all entries, but I'll choose the winner randomly to be fair.






To join Cindy's giveaway party, just click on the title of this post. Good luck to you all my dear friends. Wishing you a truly wonderful week!

Love Amanda xxx

16 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I'll start! I love living in America because of the people. I live in middle America, where the people here work hard, play hard and would do anything for you. I love this place because depending on how much effort you want to apply to yourself will equally determine how successful you are in life. I love having the chance to create my own life!

{oc cottage} said...

You are adorable! and I am honored just to see that extra "u" in honoured! ;)
Terri & Bob are so right! That is the essence of America... we are equal(you can quibble about this if your choose, but to you're own detriment)
what YOU choose to do with the blessings of freedom & liberty is up to you...no one can force you to succeed or fail..YOU are free to choose.
And I am so touched to see such a sweet post from an Aussie pal who thinks we Yanks are ok...we don't "feel the love" from many quarters. So THANK YOU AMANDA!
GOD BLESS AMERICA & GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Yankie Doodle smooches,
m ^..^

Lisa said...

You're such a sweetie! Really cute giveaway! Count me in!

Elena said...

I am glad I am an American because we stand for the free and the brave. I am thankful that we have freedom of worship and I am very blessed by that!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I'm stopping by to say hello, and Happy Monday (and for some, happy blue Monday or happy belated Pink Saturday - WHEW!)

What a sweetheart you are, your American tribute is precious. I wish you were here as I'd hug you. The fact we are so blessed in so many ways, that we can worship, speak, make choices - we can agree right out loud, and complain that way too, if we don't like 'it'.

My blog topic today is about a man, a dog, a love story, and a bit about embroidery. Please stop by if you have a moment.

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com
DeStash.me
MaidenShade.com

ohiofarmgirl said...

Oh Amanda...how nice to think of us!
I think it must be alot like living in your country...where God and family come first...and we celebrated each day that we are given...we love our country the same way that I am sure you love yours...and we are each honored to live and raise our families in our own way. God bless American and God bless you too...dear Amanda. Dianntha

black eyed susans kitchen said...

What a cool holiday! To me, America, and being an American means endless possibilities. From where and how we get an education to where and how we live. I was thinking about you this weekend when I found an Aussie souvenir at a yard sale. Check out my blog post today.
♥, Susan

Lisa McDonald said...

Thank you Amanda for such a sweet post and generous give-a-way. I also love that we have the freedom to make choices.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com
www.palepinkandroses.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you are so sweet - and that is so cute.

I am proud of the reasons and the principles our country was founded upon. Our forefathers came here seeking religious freedom, and I believe that is so important.

Cindy said...

What a sweet giveaway!!!! Thanks for joining in on my party!!!

I feel so fortunate to be born and raised in this wonderful country but my second choice would be England!!!

Cottonwood Tales said...

Wonderful giveaway!! So wonderful to be American and proudly a Texan! None of us should ever take for granted our freedom and land of opportunity (even in a depressed economy right now!).
Have a great day,
Karen
kem368@aol.com

Unknown said...

So often we take for granted the wonderful opportunities and freedom we have. American the Beautiful!! Warm wishes, Esther

Wendster said...

I love the founding stories the best. When patriotism was something you WORE like a badge. Motives seemed purer then .. . selflessness more rampant. That American dream so much larger. When I get a bit complacent and think we don't have it as good as we used to, I am humbled to hear a story like the one I heard on Saturday.

At the seminar I attended, a very successful son of a Romanian immigrant spoke of immigrating to America as a boy with his family.

His father had been imprisoned in a communist prison (for speaking out, it seems) where each day he received ONE piece of bread and MAYBE some water. That was IT. He was kept for WEEKS at a time in a cell smaller than a closet. He could ONLY stand. He could not even raise his arms. When they brought his piece of bread they set it in a little window just lower than his face, and he had to stoop down and get it with his mouth and eat it. When he fell asleep he had to sleep standing. There was NO room to bend your legs, even.
NONE of his teeth are his own. He was beaten regularly with a rubber hose.
He was in there for F.O.U.R.T.E.E.N. Y.E.A.R.S.

As soon as he got out he was deported (with $50 in his pocket) with his wife and children and they ate their first meal in America out of a dumpster behind a grocery store. They felt lucky, though, because at that time it took 25 to 50 years to get approved to leave Romania. Because his father had been imprisoned they got out of Romania immediately. That was the blessing behind it.

He reminded us: You think you have it bad? To a Romanian, every single one of you is living the American Dream.

I do love America. I feel very very fortunate to have the freedoms that we have here.

Do you love Australia, Amanda? Are you guys a very free country? Does your government respect the rights of the people? I wonder how different it is from America?

Wendster said...

p.s. I LOVE being friends with you, Amanda. It's so fun to have an "Aussie" friend ... especially someone who is so very sweet and funny and clever. You make a very good ambassador for your country, don't you know! :)

I don't know if it's true of everyone in America, but I CAN tell you that I have NEVER met anyone who doesn't ADORE the Aussie's.

We think you guys rock! I know I do.

Nancy said...

I would love to win such an adorable gift! Please count me in.

Thanks, Nancy

www.coeurdalenegifts.com
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

A Joyful Chaos said...

I love living in America, because of the freedoms we still enjoy and the many opportunities available.

Sweet giveaway!