Friday, January 11, 2008

Care to join us?






Just a typical Friday night dinner in our home. Always a roasted chicken, sometimes with mashed vegetables, sometimes with fresh garden salads and garlic bread, but tonight Precious Princess requested roasted vegetables which suited us fine. A quick and easy dinner to prepare after a long day out! We're just about to have carrot cake topped with freshly whipped cream, and coffee for dessert..............care to join us?

29 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Amanda,
Oh my goodness, I would love to join you for Dinner. It looks so yummy. It's making my mouth water. LOL. I love roasted vegetables and chicken. Your dessert sounds yummy too. I do believe I'll have a piece of your cake. It would go right good with my coffee right now. "THANK YOU" for sharing your Friday Dinner with us. I so enjoyed it. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.
P.S. I hope you picked up the Award on my Thursday's post. I gave it to everyone.

Anonymous said...

Love to - it looks so scrumptious and healthy!

Manuela

Jan said...

Even though it's 7 a.m Friday morning here...that chicky looks so good! You must be a marvelous cook! When I cook..well, lets just say the presentation isn't what it should be! *lol*
Enjoy!

Jan

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Hi Amanda,
Yum that looks delicious and I haven't even had breakfast yet, LOL! I guess I'm too late for dinner right? HA! Nice job on the dinner, and your dessert sounds wonderful too. Happy Friday!
Rose

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Can I come live with you? You make such amazing food!

((hugs)) Rosie

bj said...

Oh, my.....this looks soooo good. For some reason, I never thought about putting the chicken and veggies together to roast. But, I will, Now!!
Yummy.....bj

Tracy said...

My hubby would love to join you! I don't eat meat...But I'll come along for the dessert! LOL! Happy weekend to you all ((HUGS))

Sweet Remembrance said...

Yummy...looks delish!
What time do you me over?
Priscilla

CIELO said...

Oh my gosh! Yummy! Can I come over???? Please pretty please!! My kids and DH would be soooo pleased if I could only cook like that! :)

Enjoy!


Cielo

Cape Cod Washashore said...

YUM! Could you keep some on the back-burner for me? I hear it's a marathon flight from the US to OZ! heehee I think we'll have a roast chicken this weekend now!

Anonymous said...

You Friday dinner is our Sunday dinner :)

On Fridays we usually make pizza!!
xo
Mary

Dena said...

Oh that sounds wonderful! I'd love a piece of cake and a cup of coffee sounds perfect. I'll help with the dishes :)

Hugs,
Dena

Mary said...

Yum-o!!!! That looks scrumptious. I'll be right over. When do we eat? :)
xoxo,
Mary

FarmHouse Style said...

OK, first you have us drooling over the warm tropical photos and now this:) That looks delicious!!! I can almost smell it from here. Roasted veggies are one of our favorites, too. I'll be right over!

Love ya,
Rhonda

BTW I LOL when I read your comment about your sweet hubbie emerging with make-up:) That was precious!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

What time is dinner?! That looks delicious.

Rhoda

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks delicious! I'll be right over ... except that pesky time zone thing probably means I've already missed it! Oh well ... :) ~ Lynda xo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ummm....yummy! Can you come and live with me!

:)

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me.
:)
Shaz

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Shaz! All I can say is "We'd love to!" love you guys! xxx

Esther Sunday said...

I think I just missed the flight to Australia - I'll try again next Friday. Mash potatos with that roast please. Love, Esther

Anonymous said...

You make an old roasted chicken look so yummy. I am thinking of starting my diet and I always get so sick of baked chicken.Is this low cal? =)

BittersweetPunkin said...

I always show up just in time for dessert...is there any cake left?
Hugs,
Robin

Nan said...

Oh my, you are making me sooooooooo hungry. I'm sitting here eating Valentine colored M&M's and drinking a diet coke.
Hugs,
Nan

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Amanda, Absolutely! Thank you for the invitation. Your dinner looks scrumptious. Susan

Kahshe Cottager said...

Mmmm what a tasty looking meal you have prepared!! I can smell that chicken from here!

I love your cozy corner ... it looks so inviting. And your holiday pictures ... and here I am looking out on a cold wet day **sigh**!!

kari and kijsa said...

Oh-no I see there have been many slices of the yummy cake served already!! Are there any left? crumbs? Sounds fabulous!!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Kathi said...

Amanda, What a lovely birthday celebration. I love everything. You are a good cook, wife and mother. Blessings to you today!! Kathi

The Mrs. said...

Looks great! Love your blog!