
My mum gave us a big 1kg glass bottle full of candy (or lollies as we call them), and now that my One True Love has happily munched away at them all and the bottle is empty, what do I fill it with? I really like the shape of the bottle and I washed off all the name stickers that surrounded the bottle, and I bought some pretty ribbon that I tied around it......now I'm stumped! I thought I could fill it with pretty pink soaps, or with local beach shells, or with stones, but none of those ideas truly thrill me. So if you had this bottle, what would you fill it with? All ideas gratefully accepted!
Also, today a dear sweet blogger friend, Susan from Black Eyed Susan's Kitchen, has awarded me with an award and the tag that comes with it. Thank you so very much for this "You're An Amazing Blogger" award Susan! It really means a lot to me sweetie! Now the tag that comes with it is 7 random or weird things about you.......this should be easy, because I am weird. Really. Just ask anyone I know! lol
7 Random or Weird things about me:
1. I love my SUV, even though she's a gas guzzler, I LOVE her!
2. I love swimming along the BOTTOM of the pool. I can do many laps with out coming up for air! (I told you I was weird. Didn't believe me did you?)
3. I have naturally jet black hair and always (since I was 10yrs old) wanted to have blond hair like Marilyn Monroe, so 3 years ago I took the plunge and got it bleached. My husband was so freaked out when I rang him to tell him what I was doing at the hairdressers, that he left work and came down to watch in horror and try to talk me out of it! lol Can't talk me out of anything, he should know that by now!
4. I hate candy, but I love chocolate!
5. I am severely claustrophobic!
6. I'm allergic to any type of melon.
7. I am the baby of the family, and yet I mother them all like an old mother hen!
I would love to pass this award on to these amazing bloggers...
Rosie @ Rosie's Whimsy
Manuela @ The Feathered Nest
Robin @ Bittersweet Punkin
Jan @ Life and Times of Lil Ol' Me
Esther @ Esther's Sunday Journal
Tracy @ Pink Purl
Mary @ Hoganfe Handmade Handbags
Rhonda @ Farmhouse Style
I hope you play along to, but if you've been tagged to death and don't want to, then I hope you just enjoy the award ladies. Don't forget, I need advice on my glass jar! Ok, I'm off for a swim!
Love Amanda xxx




26 comments:
Congrats to you on the award and "GEE THANKS" for passing it on to me. I accept the honor humbly :-)
Your glass jar does have a pretty shape. I think I would fill it with small mementos....like small pretty seashells from your beach..... or the corks from wine bottles that you shared with friends.
Hope you day is shiny and bright.......Rosie
Hi, Amanda. Congratulations on the award and thank you for asking me to play along. Since I am quite weird myself, it should be easy:)
LOL, I can't even imagine you with jet black hair.
I like the glass jar just the way it is, with the pretty ribbon and nothing else. That probably doesn't help you much....sorry.
Rhonda
Congrats on your award, Amanada! Your are, indeed, an AMAZING blogger! :o) And such fun to read your list. Your melon allergy is one I've not heard of before. Thank you for passing the award along to me--you are a sweetheart! I'll have to think of the 7 things and post later in the week, and decide if I want everyone to really know how weird I am--LOL! Your glass jar. I like Rosie's idea of a seascape for your jar. Strings of faux pink and white pearls and beads would look pretty too along with a few pieces of antique or costume jewelry. Let us know what you decide on. Hope you & yours are having a great weekend! ((HUGS))
Good Morning Amanda,
"CONGRATULATIONS" on your "AMAZING BLOGGER" Award. You truly are an amazing blogger. Wow, I can't believe you had jet black hair. You need to post a picture of you when you had it. In the Summer months here, I like to have mine frosted. I don't know why, but I do. LOL. I guess it helps cover up my gray. LOL. I love the jar your Mum gave you. Now to fill it with something. Hmmmm, let me see. How about some dried flowers from your flower garden and some sea shells along with some pastel pearls? That's just my idea tho. I'm sure you will come up with something tho. I hope you have fun swimming. It is 61 degrees here this morning. It's suppose to be up near 70 today and tomorrow. That could almost do for swimming here. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day. I enjoyed reading your 7 Random facts about you. I am claustrophic as well. I've never heard of anyone being allergic to melons, but I guess it does happen tho. Some people are allergic to Peanuts and Peanut products, so nothing is impossible. May God Bless You and Yours.
Love & Hugs,
Karen H.
Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on my way! Hmmm...I'm gonna have to do some thinking about the tag! I'm soooo weird that I'm not sure I can pick out just a few weird things!! : )
I do so want to see a picture of you with jet black hair! Please!!!!
I like that jar also, but being the metric illiterate that I am...I'm not sure how big 1kg is!!
Love,
Jan
Hi Amanda,
Congrats on your award! I loved reading more about you :) As for the jar, I think I'd fill it with cotton balls and put it in the bathroom (or is that loo?) LOL! Shells would be very pretty too...or maybe pretty buttons.
Hugs,
Dena
Thank you so much Amanda!! You are so so sweet!!!You are such a great pal!
I think you should put sweet nothings in it....written on little strips of paper.or more candy..LOL
Hugs,
Robin
Congrats on the award! Well deserved, I must say even though you are torturing us poor people up over with your summertime activities! Love your seven wierd things! Hee, hee, Thank you for bestowing the award to me, along that wonderful group of bloggers. Won't be a problem to list wierd things about me, just gotta narrow em' down to seven! Love, Esther
Hello and thank you Amanda for the award and the tag - fun!
If it was my jar I would put colored bath crystals in it with a lavender scent and a pretty spoon attached.
I will get to work on answering my tag now...
xo
Mary
hoganfe handbags
Congrats on your award Amanda and for letting us know more about you in the process!
My first thought for tha jar was bath salts (my weakness) but then I thought it is big enough for a small terrarium or a mini tableau.
Congratulations on your award! And what a fun tag! love the idea of bath salts(we posted easy recipe last week) or bath oils. Also any small treasured momento would be lovely!
blessings,
kari and kijsa
Hi Amanda, I so enjoy reading about your weather when we are at opposites seasons.
As for your jar...maybe a beautiful candle...I love candles or how about each day write something that you are thankful for and put it in the jar...by next Christmas just think about all the blessings you will have collected! Dianntha
Oh, Amanda, fill the jar with those little pastel valentine hearts. You know, the ones that say cute little things on them. I am also claustrophobic...to the point that if I have to get into an elevator, I have to be drunk...not kidding! Susan
Hi Amanda!
Congrats on the award! I too love to swim at the bottom of the pool! I think I was a fish in a former life :-).
You jar is pretty and everyone has such wonderful ideas! How about vintage buttons or vintage ribbons?
Hugs,
Penny
I would fill it with candy conversation hearts of little red hearts - those cinnamon ones.
Congrats on your award!
Margie
ok, spell check for me, please! I meant to say
the conversation hearts
OR
the little read cinnamon heart candies.
Another idea! Love the panner, panning for gold so how about some turquoise or tumbled stones? Or pyrite (fool's gold) - the gem show is coming, ya know! You could get some really cheap!
Margie :-)
Amanda....I can't believe you naturally have jet black hair. I think you look so good as a blond and so natural!
As far as the jar goes.....what about buttons or a collection of things that are special to you? Perhaps some small trinkets or old letters?
Good luck and keep us posted!
:0) Sharon
Hi Amamda, Congratulations on your award and I loved the tag and all the fun info.
Your jar is very pretty...how about beach glass or pretty pink cotton balls. Enjoy your swim~~~Linda
Hi Amanda,
Congratulations on the award! And you are too funny -- you're not weird at all. Loved reading about your claustrophobia -- I've got a bad case of that, too.
xoxo,
mary
ps -- trying to picture you with jet black hair. having a hard time...
Hello-first time to your blog, and I think you should fill your lovely jar with pink and white marshmallows! anna
What about those glass pebbles you can buy? I think Spotlight sells them.
Hi to all.
Love
Shazbar
Congrats on your award! It;'s a pretty one.
I don't have any great ideas on your jar....I have a few that I need ideas on, too....let me know what you come up with, ok?
I love my SUV, too....mine is white. What color is yours?
hugs, bj
Happy Award to you!
You are a funny girl, loved your list!
xo
Melissa
I say some of those pink and white m&ms, for your chocolate cravings. Also, you are a phenomonal blogger. Missing you on the FIAR boards. Can't wait till school is back in for you.
I would use this pretty jar for a collection of vintage mother of pearl buttons - they are fun to hunt for at flea markets or whatever you gals call them down under!
Or, you could decorate the outside - decoupage old sheet music, tie on lace, ribbons and old keys - fill with small red hearts and a tag saying "The keys to my heart" - just a idea off the top of my cold-wracked, drippy nosed head!!
Love the flowers of Summer.
Congratulations on the award and thanks for passing it on me - you're a dear! Your blossoms look so lovely and soon it'll be spring here and things will be blooming again. Although today and yesterday it was in the 70's so everything is confused with this weird weather.
Manuela
Post a Comment