Monday, January 21, 2008

Playing Tourist...
















We've got an action packed week planned as this is our last week of Summer holidays. Sob sob...All the Aussie kids start back at school next week after having 8 weeks holidays for fun in the sun! So today Precious Princess and I headed into THE CITY. We live on the coast, near the beach, so to get into the city is about an hour's drive for us, therefore we don't go there all that often. Princess had some birthday money still burning a hole in her pocket, so off we headed for a day of shopping and sight seeing! I took the camera and tried to look at the city from a tourist point of view, so hopefully I have captured some good photo's for you all to see over the next few posts (I took a lot of photo's for you! lol) This is the city of Brisbane, which is the capitol city of the state we live in, Queensland. We live about an hour away from the city, along the golden beaches of this beautiful state. I hope you enjoy your tour of Brisbane and for those of you still feeling the cold, I hope they warm you up and bring a smile to your frozen face! lol

Love Amanda xxx

24 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Oh how I am wishing for a tank full of tropical air right now. We are currently sitting at a balmy 9 (-14C) degrees with a windchill factor of below zero.

Brisbane looks like a fabulous city. Hope you two had a great shopping trip :-) Rosie

Tracy said...

Thank you for the mini vacation! Looks/sounds like you had a great outing. Enjoy the last of the holiday ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
I so enjoyed your little shopping trip, thanks for taking all the great pictures of the great shops you visited. Did she buy something nice with her birthday money? Happy Belated Birthday to her...
Enjoy the remaining days of your holiday...:) Bren

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Amanda,
WOW, what some beautiful places to visit. I sure wish I was there to have gone with yall. Why don't we share a cup of coffee from Starbucks? LOL. I love going to Starbucks when I have the extra cash which isn't very often tho. I past by one Saturday morning tho but I didn't stop because I had my own coffee with me. I do hope that Precious Princess found her something with her Birthday money. "THANK YOU" for taking us along on your outing. I enjoyed it very much. I hope that Precious Princess enjoys the last few days of her break. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Tara said...

Amanda:

Hi Amanda

Thank you for adding me to your blog roll...I love to come over to your blog, it's wonderful. Thanks for the lovely comment about enjoying mine, I can't tell you how much i am enjoying this process, it is really making me THINK about my home in a totoally different way!
Enjoy your day! Tara

Mary said...

Oh Amanda, what fun! It looks like a great city, and your photos are fantastic! I'm having a hard time getting my mind around the idea of summer weather, though, as it was 15 degrees Fahrenheit here this morning. :)
xoxo,
Mary

Jan said...

Oh thank you so much for the tour! How exciting! I fear I shall never realize my dream of visiting Australia, so you just helped make it more real for me! I think I mentioned I have a brother in law who lives in Australia...in Queensland...near Brisbane...on the beach. Is that weird or what? Have a delightful day darlin'!

Love,
Jan

Anonymous said...

I just think it's funny how Starbucks is everywhere! Some warm are would be nice over here it's been 10 every morning!

Awww, back to school. That's always a rough adjustment for everyone.I enjoyed seeing the pictures - Brisbane looks like a wonderful city!

Manuela

Nora Lee said...

Thank you so much for sharing your trip to the "big city". Yes the pictures did warm me up, as the morning started out at 10 degrees here today! I probably will never get to Queensland, but sure loved visiting it today with you!

Sandra

Gledwood said...

Bloody hell is that really Brisbane? I thought for a sec that was New York City there!

D'you know when I was still at school and fantasizing of emigrating from cold rainy Wales to warm yummy Australia (I've so many cousins out there ~ all in Sydney) BRISBANE was the #1 place I wanna'd to go seriously

yeah!!

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Amanda,
WOW, thanks for the wonderful tour...now I'd like to get on an airplane and go there - ha! Looks like a wonderful day of shopping and sunshine!
Rose

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh, what wonderful photos!
Looks like fun!
Sandra Evertson

BittersweetPunkin said...

I can't believe her vacation is almost over already! Seems like it just started....my how time does fly....
Hugs,
Robin

Dena said...

Hi Amanda,

Pay no attention to that funny scratching noise...it's just me trying to wiggle through my laptop to get there.

Hugs,
Dena

Rose of Sharon said...

Wow! It is beautiful there! How fun to have a shopping day with the precious princess! How sad that summer is almost over. :0( I always felt that way too, I liked my kids home with me and when they went back to school it meant they were a higher grade and a year older! :0( Oh well, at least you had a wonderful summer with her! You are so blessed to live where you live! Have you lived in Australia all your life????

Hugs! Sharon

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Amanda, You would be right at home here! We have in our little town, a Tiffany's, Starbucks, and several other similar shops...it is so neat to know that our cities have so much in common. Hope you enjoyed your holiday. Susan

bj said...

Oh, sweetie, thanks so much for these lovely pictures of such a beautiful city. I know you and PP had a wonderful time.
hugs, bj

Linda said...

Hi Amanda, what great pictures, Brisbane looks awesome. Great shops...hope you found some lovelies. Have fun on the last few holidays. Hugs, Linda

CIELO said...

Oh, everything looks so pretty, and exiting! It made me want to travel, see places, and enjoy some relaxing time in a big city with my love... :)

Have an awesome time, my dear!

Cielo

BittersweetPunkin said...

I have a lil something for you over at my place!

Anonymous said...

Brisbane looks like a great place to visit! Thanks for taking us along ... I've enjoyed the "warmth"! ~ hugs, Lynda xo

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a beautiful city! Thank you for taking me along on your shopping excursion! Your's looks ALOT warmer than mine did :-)!!
Hugs,
Penny

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Oh how fun!!! You live near the ocean and an hour away from Brisbane... I live near the ocean and an hour away from Boston! =) Don't you just LOVE those little getaways to the city? I see you ended your post with MARZIPAN!!! YUM!!!

PAT said...

I enjoyed these photos so much, Amanda! My eldest daughter, the new bride, visited Australia a couple of years ago. She brought home delightful memories and beautiful photos!

It's a tropical 10F above 0 at 11:30AM, here in Missouri! The photos gave me a lift!

Pat