Friday, February 1, 2008

Mrs Potato Head?



No, I haven't changed my name.....yet anyway, but hey anything is possible! lol Nope, instead I've decided to make some delicious hot spicy potato wedges today for lunch and you're invited. Potatoes roasted in garlic, olive oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper, topped with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. We've got freshly blended mango smoothies chilling in the fridge to keep as cool as we sit on the deck, by the pool and languish in the noon day summer sun, flicking through decorating magazines to our hearts content. So what do you say, will you join me for lunch today? Also, I would just like to thank you all for your WONDERFUL advice to my last post. I have read and reread your comments and taken them all to heart with much appreciation. I'll keep you posted as things develope!......Amanda xxx

18 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I've missed you!! I'll come over for a plate of those potatoes. Do you have any good dark beer over there?

I think you clock is a great addition to your side bar. I am always wondering what time it is where you are :-)

((hugs)) Rosie

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Hi Amanda, Let me just say Yummo. They look delicious and served on such a pretty plate...I would like to join you. Susan

BittersweetPunkin said...

I make a similar version of those Amanda...I put olive oil, garlic salt and oregano on them out them under the broiler til crispy and then I dip them in Blue Cheese Dressing...Yum!!
Hugs,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Oh my fave food potatoes...Robin that recipe sounds amazing too with the blue cheese dressing - wow!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

Tracy said...

OH, wait for me, Amanda! Those looks sooo good. And Robin's got a fab idea with the blue cheese dressing..I just love blogland *SIGH* Have a great weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

Kathi said...

Thank you for inviting me to lunch. You always serve the yummiest food and on the prettiest plates~smile.

This recipe looks like a keeper. I am going to try it on my hubby who loves spicy food.

Thanks for visiting me. I'm not doing show and tell this week, but I will be visiting everyone else to see what they have today.

Blessings~Kathi

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Amanda,
First of all, thanks for your comment about my son. My baby is 8 years old! Growing much to fast.

I just left a comment about your decorating issue - and one more humble piece of advice, I forgot to say - I think you should stay away from "trendy" when it comes to your big ticket items.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Amanda,
First off, I love your new Header. Is that in front of your Home? I also am glad you have added the clock to your Sidebar. Now I will know what time it is there where you live. The Roasted Garlic Potatoes sounds yummy. I do believe I'll have some and a Mango Smoothie to go with it. Oh my gosh, I am so hungry now. LOL. "THANK YOU" for sharing a tasteful lunch with us. I so enjoyed it. I love Potatoes of any kind, but I do love Garlic. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Karen said...

Oh wowzers - next to chocolate and caramel - potatoes are my favorite and these sound wonderful. thanks for sharing a recipe that is going into my file.

Glad to see you back posting - missed you.

Hugs - Karen

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Amanda,
Come on over to classic charm today, you were my inspiration for today's post. Don't worry I didn't use any names...heeee...but you got me really thinking. Thanks for your post.
Hugs,
Rose

Anonymous said...

Those look so yummy....

blessings,
Melissa

bj said...

these sound so wonderful, i am pretty sure we may have them with a salad tonight for our dinner. we are so trying to have meat only about 3 day a week and these would fill in nicely.
hugs, bj

PAT said...

Sitting on the deck with you having those delicious looking potatoes and mango smoothies sounds delightful, Amanda! we have about 8 inches or so of snow on the ground!!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Those potatoes look delicious! I make something similar but have never tried them topped with sour cream ... yum!! Have a great weekend and stop by my blog if you can to enter your name in my giveaway! ~ Lynda xo

Linda said...

Yummy! These look delish, perfect for Super Bowl Sunday. Hugs, Linda

Rose of Sharon said...

Good afternoon Amanda! Your potatoes look so nummy! Wouldn't you know I just started a diet! Shucks! I will have to make them for my hubby though!

Thanks for sharing.

:0) Sharon

nannykim said...

ooooh, I make those tooooooooo, but never tried the sour cream on them---wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness- those potatoes sound sooo good. chili sauce...I must try that. I make spicy potato wedges with hot sauce - like buffalo wings - buffalo potatoes. Anyway, I love spicy food so I'll definitely give this a try!

Manuela