Wednesday, February 13, 2008

She sells sea shells...






by the sea shore.. (well we collect them, not sell them!). Now say it fast a few times! Do you remember saying that when you were at school? Yes? No? Maybe it was just us aussie kids who were tortured with such tongue twisters? lol Anywho, do you remember a few weeks ago (wow time flies!) I asked you what you would use to fill this glass lolly/candy jar? You all gave me some great suggestions, and while I was very tempted to fill it with pink & white marshmellows(mmmmm oh yeah baby.....), I decided to fill it with some of the sea shells that we collected while on holidays here, at the Whitsunday Islands. So what do you reckon? To be filled with sea shells or not to be filled with sea shells, that is the question?!

15 comments:

PAT said...

Amanda, the shells are perfect for the jar. They are pretty and they remind you of special times!

Pat

Karen said...

I'm with Pat - those are wonderful memories in that jar and will make you smile every time you look at it.

I want to sit at the pool :)

Hugs - Karen

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Amanda,
Oh my goodness Amanda, those Sea Shells looks absolutely beautiful in that jar. You did a great job. I remember saying that Tongue Twister in School. You Aussie's weren't the only one's who did that. LOL. When our girls were younger, I did that with them also. I love the picture of Whitsunday. It is just breathtaking. "THANK YOU" for sharing it with us. It is a very cold morning here. It is down to 19 degrees now. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I love that you put your shells in the jar. So cute!! A sweet reminder of special times.

xo
Becky

Naturegirl said...

Lovely jar of seashells..I too have them throughout the house and showcase during the summer months!Vases trays just about everywhere I have seashells in sand in the summer months. I also have jars filled with my own organic lavender..another with my rosebuds dried or small blossoms that did not open...all natures natural treasures to make me smile! I love your new profile photo..whoo Hoo! hugs NG

Dena said...

Hi Amanda,

I remember that tongue twister along with several others - we used to love those when we were kids :) I opt for sea shells and if you don't mind...could you ship me a jar of that warmth and sand?

Hugs,
Dena

Rose of Sharon said...

I like the seashells in them! What a pretty way to display them!

Have a beautiful day Amanda!!!

Hugs, Sharon

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I am so behind today. We had snow, then freezing rain, then a power outage, no TV, and no internet!!!!

But my first stop, after everything came on, was to your house and now I feel warm again :-) Love the seashells. That's a keeper!

((hugs)) Rosie

Esther Sunday said...

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH (again)

Tara said...

I love the shells, Amanda, they will remind you of summer all fall long! The pics of your beaches are so nice...I think I need to visit Australia!

Mary said...

Hi Amanda,
The shells look very pretty in the jar! And oh, what glorious pictures! We've had snow, sleet and freezing rain here in the last 24 hours -- my backyard is flooded and my basement is wet. Ugh! I'm moving to Australia (in my dreams)!
xoxo,
mary

BittersweetPunkin said...

I love the seashells...I am a hopeless collector of seashells as well.....I have some from the East Coast, the West Coast and a few places in between...LOL
Hugs,
Robin

Anonymous said...

What a perfect vacation spot....sea shell that you have found are so special..
I was at Rosey Whimsey and saw your comment on the freezing rain... go check out "Ask Kari and Kijsa" and you can see for yourself what it looks like ...very scary stuff
Lovely pictures.
Linda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh, the shells look great! And what a wonderful reminder of warm weather when your turns cold! Ok, now try this one really fast...

A big black bug, bit a big black bear and made the big black bear bleed blood....
Hugs,Penny

bj said...

those sea shells will look pretty, year 'round.....plus having all the memories right there to look at.
hugs, bj