Have you ever been caught on the phone with someone who you just can't get off from, even though you've been talking to them for ages, and you know you have someone else waiting for you on the other line that you are anxious to speak with? Well that's exactly how I am feeling about Summer and Autumn. I am done with Summer. Done. Over it. Had enough! The heat, the humidity, the flies, the mozzies, the steamy windows and foggy eye glasses, the limp hair and running make-up, the wet clothing. Done! Dear Autumn, I know you are waiting for me on the other line, and I'm trying my best to get off the line from Summer, but you know how she is.........maybe I should just hang up?! ARGH! Anyway, I'm ready......me and my new brown leather gloves and scarf are ready and waiting....................waiting. Waiting.
Still waiting.




28 comments:
Oh!! I feel as though we missed summer here in the Blue Mountains NSW, rain rain and more rain..
Please re-direct her(summer)my way..
The only thing I DO look forward too in the winter is, the comfort foods that warm you up from your toes to the tip of your head and snuggling up under the doonas...
Oh, I am a summer gal. I could do summer all year long. I try to. But it's ruddy cold in a tank top in August :(
Good Morning Amanda,
"HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY"!!!! I know what you mean about Summer. It's not my favorite Season either. I am a Fall person myself. Something about Fall is so calm and relaxing and I love watching the leaves falling off of the trees. The color of the leaves are just breathtaking as well. I hope you get to wear your gloves and scarf soon. When you have time, please stop by. I have a little Valentine's Wreath and Friendship Banner for everyone on my today's post. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.
Love & Hugs,
Karen H.
Hi, Amanda! Happy Valentine's Day, my friend! Your new gloves are a lovely shade of chocolate brown. Here up north we are so ready for spring...just waiting...;o) Wishing you & yours a sweet day celebrating love's holiday ((HUGS))
Oh, bless your heart....here you are just wanting winter and everyone here is longing for summer....
hugs, bj
Hi Amanda, Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Valentines day! Big hug...Susan
Oh Amanda, too bad we can't trade weather for a day, but I don't think you'd like freezing rain either!
And what the heck are "mozzies?!"
Wishing you a sweet and wonderful Valentine's day!
xoxo,
Mary
Hope you had a Sweet Valentine's Day!
I am the same way with summer......I am always ready for "sweater and scarf" days! But then winter hits and I wonder what I was thinkin'!!!!!
Hugs to you, dear friend :-)
Rosie
What a funny post!! You are ready for what we have here in the states and we want what you have!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Michelle
If I could I would definitely send you some of our snow. I would trade you places for anything. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Have a happy V-day!
I'm looking forward to Spring, even though the snow does look pretty, when we have it. Today the sun is shining and it's warm...tomorrow more snow perdicted!
Hope your Valentine's Day was sweet!
Pat
Amanda, You are so cute! You write so well. I'm no judge, and I have no talent when it comes to writing, but I know what is interesting and fun to read, and you've got that. I accidently won 2nd place in a poetry contest, on "The Teach's" blog. I still don't understand how that happened. I thank the Lord though for fun little surprises like that.
For the weather, I feel the oposite, of course, as I'm up in the USA, and I cannot wait for Spring and Summer. I've been chilled to the bone way too long. I love your pretty gloves and scarf. Happy Valentine's Day~~ Kathi
Happy Valentine's Day, sweetie!
xoxo (a day late, but you understand us slowpokes in the US!)
Melissa
Hi Amanda, Happy Valentine's Day to you.
I'm always anxious for the change of seasons too, I'm kinda of looking forward to summer but I do love winter. Linda
Oh trade me phone lines Amanda! I'll talk to her!!! LOL. Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day.
Hugs,
Dena
I'll take a little summer off your hands.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
Nan
Happy Valentines Day from our hearts to yours! (even if it is steamy!!) hahah! (oops-we realized what we just wrote!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Amanda how about we trade for a bit...you stay here in Alaska and I'll suffer thru all that summer...
:)
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags
I have to say dearest Amanda that only someone who lives in Queensland can wish for the end of summer. I'm not looking forward to winter and snow at all!!
Alicia ~ time worn style
You know, I feel the same way at summer's end...I am not the biggest fan of extrene heat and I do wish for the cool air's return, so I understand!
Plus, those gloves are to die for!
I am always fascinated by our different seasons. I am in Arizona and it is winter getting ready to pop into spring, which then I start thinking about right away the month of May because the heat will be coming and all my petunias will be fried....along with me by July! I know what you mean, by the end of August and those 110 degree days I am spent! I need winter! I do the same thing....crave the very first moment I can actually put on some gloves and have a hot chocolate!
Hey girl! I know what you mean! When we have our looong summers here in AZ, I can't wait for them to be over. We always get well over 100 degree temps for weeks on end! Blagh! Here's hoping your Autumn gets here soon and you can enjoy those gloves and that pretty scarf!
Love,
Jan
That's usually how I feel at the end of one of our summers! But now I'm anxiously awaiting spring - I can't wait to get outside in the sunshine!
Manuela
I hope it comes fast for you. I think all of us here are ready for alittle warmer waether.
Can't say I agree with you this time, pretty Amanda! Give me all the springs and summers of the world.... I'll keep them!
I'll give you my winters!
Blessings to you and yours
cielo
Oh my...wish we could trade for a day. Wea re so cold and more snow and ice this week!! But I know what you mean about summer, August is that way for me...just too hot...but for now...I can't wait for spring! ps...when does your autumn begin?
Stop bu I am having a give away! Dianntha
Well..I could use that scarf and those gloves today..thats for sure! I love fall but winter is soooo over!
Hugs to you!
Have a GREAT weekend!
Robin
This summer has not been too bad down here. We had some 40+ degree days in late Dec-early Jan, but the temperatures have been bearable since then.
I am just terribly upset that we have had no real rain since December, my front lawn is a dustbowl, and my roses are refusing to even bud. Sob.
At lease the vegies out back are doing OK.
Love those cushions.
Kate
Post a Comment