Oh my goodness, where in the world did this week go?! I had planned to take a couple of days off to just rest and relax, potter around home and maybe visit a few thrift stores. Well you know what they say about the best laid plans.......lol. Last weekend was wonderful, the sun was shining brightly in a clear blue Autumn sky and we went off to a near by town's parade as our daughter's dance school was marching in the parade, then performing for the judges after the march. They did really well, and a terrific time was had by all! The first part of the week started off nicely, I pottered around home cleaning windows, vacuuming blinds, washing walls.....I even managed to do a little thrifting and found this adorable little birdhouse and little silver server. I fell in love with the beautiful engravings on this server, but I can't work out what they would have used it for? Gravy perhaps? Anyone know? Anyway, the rest of the week sort of went on a downward spiral on Tuesday night. I got home from taking Princess to her dance class and thought my left leg was aching a little, I looked down and it was swollen to double! By the next morning it was still swollen and very sore to touch, so after a quick visit to our Doctor, we were sent here and there all over town for me to have tests to rule out a blood clot. Talk about a stressful day! By Thursday we had indeed ruled out a blood clot, but were still none the wiser as to what it could be. Well I have to admit, that as soon as I heard that it was nothing too serious, I just ignored the pain and got on with things like running my mum around to her Doctors for a day surgery on her eye (which went wonderfully well praise the Lord). Once that was all over I could follow Doctors orders and just rest with my leg up and take the meds he gave me to bring the swelling down. Things seem to be good now, so finally I can get back to blogging and visiting with you all! Oh how I have missed you all and have been wondering what you were all up to! If the laptop were working properly I could have popped over for a visit while I was resting, but as the laptop was/is refusing to co-operate and it was too uncomfortable to sit up at the PC, I just had to stay away from blogland. Oh the torture! lol So now I'm back and coming for a visit. Pop the kettle on girls, I'll be there soon! Love Amanda xxx
What I’m Loving & Buying In The Prime Day Deals! Great Time To Stock Up On
Your Favorites!
-
Prime Day Deals are here! I’ve been anticipating this sale, and I have some
great buys to share today. Yeti items rarely go on sale, but I noticed
their ba...
1 day ago




17 comments:
Oh, Amanda. I was missing you, but happy that you were off having fun. Little did I know that your fun turned into a health problem. I'm so glad it was not a blood clot. Did they ever determine what was the cause of the swelling. Thank God you are okay.
And, I'm so happy to have you here. Glad your mother is doing well, too.
Amanda
Please take care of yourself and I hope your leg is feeling great--thinking of you, dear!
:0)
Tara
So sorry to hear about your health issues...I hope you're on the mend!
Welcome back...you were missed!
Oh Amanda, I think you need to take better care of yourself. If your doctor says "rest," then REST!
I love your little birdhouse, and the silver server, too. Hope you are feeling better for the weekend, sweetie. :)
xoxo,
Mary
I wondered where you have been, Miss Countess Cupcake! I haven't been around blogland much either but still was wondering about what my sweet Aussie friend was up to. Now I know you were brought down with a swollen leg! I am so glad it wasn't a clock but what a mystery it is not knowing where the swelling came from. Hubby wonders if it could be an allergic reaction to a spider bite?
Now you take care of yourself! Leg up and rest!
(((big hugs))) Rosie
Hi Amanda...you're right what a week. Your birdhouse is very sweet...I have to admit I have a weakness for them.
I hope your leg is doing better, what a scare that was. Rest, take care of yourself and try to follow doctors orders. Hugs, Linda
Oh, who cares about us! You take care of you & yours!!!!!! What a time you have had! Big fat bummer! But you
take it all in your stride...such a good example!
YOU BE HEALTHY & WELL!!!!!!
M ^..^
Hi you, I have tagged you...I know it's kind of a pain...join in if you care to...NO obligation, truly!
M ^..^
That little "server" is used for sugar lumps! We had a special tea for my Mom when she turned 80 yrs. and my daughter had one of those - it had a little claw pickup thing to go with it, to pick up the sugar lumps. It looked so pretty on the birthday girl's table.
Glad your leg is better and it's not a blood clot. I wonder, too, if it's an allergic reaction to some sort of bite or sting.
Take care and STAY Well!
I am sorry to hear about your leg, I do hope it gets better soon - I will add you to my prayer list.
Love the birdhouse - what a find, and the silverware!
Quilty Hugs
Whew! You make me tired just thinking about all that. What a week!
I hope your leg feels better soon.
Take care, LA
Dear Amanda...so glad that you did not have a blood clot.
Do take good care of yourself.
I am glad you are back....you were missed!
Hugs,
Pam
I'm glad you're feeling better and that it wasn't a blood clot. Stay well!
The pitcher-like thing could be for nuts, too. I saw a ceramic one like that for nuts. It came with a little spoon to get the nuts out.
Amanda! You are back! (dancing and pouring you a cuppa ... oops ... spilling because I'm dancing)
Wow! Your leg was double in size? The first thing I thought of was "the milk leg" which I read about in novels from the olden days ... women would get "the milk leg" after child birth .... you didn't have any babies recently did you? Anything we don't know about from this weekend. Like, you forgot to add a sentence: "Oh, and I had a baby ... forgot to mention" ... lol. NO? Oh. So much for my medical diagnostic skills.
Glad it's better.
Glad you have better diagnosis from your docs than from me. hehheh.
Hugs!
Wendy
psssst ... ?
Is the silver thing you refer to the thing in FRONT of the thing holding flowers?
I know Ruthie thinks it's for sugar, but I think it's a little car for mice.
It's cute ... whatever it is.
rosie~ LOL! "Glad it wasn't a clock" ... LOL.
I missed you too Amanda. I'm so sorry about your leg. Any guesses to the cause? Bug bight maybe? I do hope you are all better soon. Hugs, Kathi
I hope you are feeling much better now! Ouch! That must have been so painful AND scary!
Take care of yourself!!
Post a Comment