Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday Madness!



Ok, it's Monday morning and what I'm about to do is sheer madness! Dear sweet Kate from http://ourredhouse.blogspot.com/ (sorry I don't know how to do that cool thing of changing the web address to just a name! Help with that would be appreciated! Thanks). Anyway, Kate has tagged me to do the "Picture of Me" Meme. The rules are this:


Post a photo of yourself on your blog. It can be a baby photo, a childhood photo, or a current photo (current ones are so much better for this!), but do whatever you are comfortable with. Tell the story behind the photo. Copy the logo. Tag 3 others to play the Meme game. Sounds simple enough right? Nerve racking, but simple. Ever since Kate tagged me yesterday I have driven One True Love & Precious Princess mad asking them if I should take the plunge or not. So with their blessing and encouragement (I think they were about ready to tell me where I really could put my photo if I didn't stop asking!) here is a photo of me...........


It was taken at home here this winter by Precious Princess. It was the end of a long and hectic week, and I was happy to be home sipping a cup of coffee, wrapped with in the loving and cozy walls of Jacaranda Cottage.


Now I have to tag 3 others.........








I can't promise that I'll leave my photo up here for too long because I'm a nervous wreck about posting it, but I didn't want to be a party pooper either! I hope I'm not alone in playing the Meme game. If you'd like to play too, that would be great! Let me know if you do, ok? Have a wonderful week!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh darling, you did it! I'm so proud of you. It's awfully scary isn't it? You look lovely too. It's great to have a better idea to whom I'm talking/writing.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Your eyes are the most beautiful color! why are you nervous? It is a very nice photo!!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Oh you're beautiful!

And I'm a scaredy pants! I've never put my "mug" anywhere, not even my own house (except for my wedding photo). And a photo or two of my baby brother and I (when we were tots)! This one is gonna take some courage... we'll see! =)

Dena said...

Okay pretty lady, you have nothin' to be worried about! You are beautiful and it's so nice to put a face with a name :)

Hugs,
Dena

Anonymous said...

Howdy! found you over at Hobie's and I think you look Great!& ummm something about you makes me think you would be great fun to be around? nice to meet you btw!

Kahshe Cottager said...

Hi Amanda ... Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I am always so happy to meet someone new!

Your photo is lovely and I understand how hard it is to post one. I just put mine on for the first time a couple of weeks ago!

I am off now to read some of your previous posts and get to know you!

Mary said...

Oh, thank you so much for posting your photo -- it's so nice to have a face to put with your sweet comments!
xoxo,
Mary

BittersweetPunkin said...

Nice to see you! I know how you feel...I am next......I haven't had a decent picture of me taken since 1992!! I love yours!
Blessings,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll have to find a baby picture or something since I really don't feel comfortable posting a currect picture. So it may take me a while to do this!

Manuela

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I'm with Manuela! I think I'll have to post a baby pic! lol My mom recently gave me a cd of some of our family photos, so I'll see what I can find! =)

Cottage Contessa said...

Thank you all for such sweet comments. It was really hard to post that picture because it makes me feel so exposed, but your lovely comments have made me feel more at ease about it.

Beachy, Manuela & Melissa thank you for playing along, and a baby photo is fine, I'm just happy you are joining me!

To my new visitors (and everyone else) thank you for stopping by, it means a lot!
Amanda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You are beautiful!!! How nice to see the face behind the postings!
Penny

Rose of Sharon said...

You are such a pretty woman! I too got tagged, this is a fun game!

I wanted to tell you that it is so easy to add a link. When you write a post there is a little icon and you click it and it says add a link. It already starts with http:// and you just fill in the rest. You write the person's name or their website name and high light it, click the link icon and add their URL address click it closed and there you go! You should try it, its pretty slick!

You have a lovely blog!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
Nice photo. How brave of you. I know you must have been nervous about posting it. From You know who.

Susie Q said...

You are so beautiful!
Your eyes are just so pretty...: )

Thank you for your sweet comments and it helped me come here for a sweet visit! If it is alright, I am adding your name to my link list! I lobe it here and will be back...a lot!

Thank you again and I look forward to getting to know you better!

Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

You're just gorgeous! It's a fabulous photo and says so much about who you are - at least in my mind ;-) You look like someone I'd like to learn more about.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Nice to meet you and don't be nervous I sit and type my blog in my jammies. If people saw what I look like when I a typing they would run away screaming...
You have a great smile and that's a great picture. :) Bren

http://benzy55.typepad.com/my_weblog/