Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm a sucker......



for anything cute! People, places, things. You name it, if it's cute, I'm in the que for it. So, on Saturday morning when Precious Princess and I had some serious costume shopping to do for her upcoming dance concert, I got a little side tracked (as we do, right?) in the home decor section of the fabric & craft store. You'd think I'd won the lotto judging by my excitement when I saw this "oohhhthat'ssocute!" ceramic popcorn holder thingy. In the cart it went. Naturally. A few aisles over, my shrieks of delight almost brought store security running over when I spotted the Paris sign (from yesterdays post). My reassuring hand wave (with sign in hand) and silly demented grin from ear to ear, was enough to frighten, er, I mean keep him away. Good, can't have anyone getting in the way and slowing me down when I'm on a mission zooming up and down each aisle madly pouncing upon every "ohhhhthat'ssocute!" thing I see, can we now? I wonder if I'll be allowed back in the store anytime soon? Maybe he'll be off on stress leave anyway! mawhahahahaha

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny, my friend's and I actually get tired of saying "that's so cute" that we try and come up with other sayings but really, "That's so cute works best". I am glad we are not alone.
Btw, you are so cute. :) Bren

Rosie's Whimsy said...

You are so funny. You brought a smile to my face and a chuckle to my voice on this mellow Sunday night. Thanks for being a ray of sunshine :-)

kari and kijsa said...

Teehee- now that spunds like a fabulous shopping experience- we want to come along next time!!
Cute finds!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

BittersweetPunkin said...

Ha Ha Ha...you are funny! I like doing the happy dance in public places too!!
Love,
Robin

Rose of Sharon said...

That is such a cute popcorn bowl. I can see why you grabbed it and ran! :0) Sharon

Anonymous said...

lol
a popcorn holder goes with clothes shopping doesn't it?

Nunnie's Attic said...

We have plastic popcorn holders that are a throw back to the retro ones you used to get at the movies. I love your ceramic one and it is too cute!

Love,
Julie

PAT said...

I love this kind of shopping trip! I find lots of "that's so cutes", too!

"Steel Magnolias", is one of my favortie movies..I like to think I am a Steel Magnolla! The popcorn bowl is "so cute":-).

Pat

bj said...

I totally loved that Paris sign yesterday and that is such a cute popcorn holder! You did good, girlfriend!
I also love your sense of humor!!
bj

Anonymous said...

LOL! The sign is beautiful and the ceramic popcorn holder IS cute!

Manuela

FarmHouse Style said...

Oh, those are sooo cute! Sounds like you and Precious Princess had a great time:)

Rhonda

monique said...

What a great popcorn bowl!It sure is a great find.
Take care.

Monique.

Jan said...

I waaannnt it!!!! I do NOT like popcorn, but I LOVE anything that has to do with popcorn!! I know, I'm a nut! : ) Great find! LOVE the Paris sign, too!! Only another treasure hunter can truly understand the thrill of the discovery of such a perfect find!! *lol*

Jan

Dena said...

Hahahahahaaaa, that is so funny! I would be yelling too if I saw that cute little popcorn thingy :)

Hugs,
Dena

Anonymous said...

The popcorn bowl is very cute and the movie you have pictured is one of my very favorites. I always laugh and cry at the same time during the cemetary scene! I grew up with women just like them!

Have a great day!

Lena said...

Enthusiasm is a good thing!
Best wishes to you!

bj said...

Thank you for your sweet comments, Amanda (anyone ever call you Mandy?)You mentioned my house...it is an old house from the 50's...not old enuf to be pretty! It's funny but I've been working on doing a post on my livingroom so will probably do it tomorrow. I am not very good at decorating...I love so many different things and styles, my house doesn't have that "pulled together" look.
hugs, bj

kari and kijsa said...

How fun....looks like a great day of shopping!

Have a very, very, very blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Anonymous said...

thanks for coming by and the sweet words for my little katy. I love cute things also. I bought a large popcorn bowl in Houston...now I need some like you =). Love the site and will be back.

Esther Sunday said...

Toooo cute! I would not have been able to resist. Popcorn and frozen yogart - what I lived on when I was single.

ohiofarmgirl said...

Sounds like fun...thanks for visiting me and adding me to your list! Dianntha

CIELO said...

...it is cute alright... you made me laugh.. and by the way, I love your new profil picture....you look lovely...

love,


Cielo

Anonymous said...

You are HILARIOUS!!! I have just found your blog and am sitting here with a big smile! Love the popcorn container. I need to go shopping with you and Tina from Cherry Hill Cottage! I will definitely come back for a visit.
I agree with Bren, you are soooo cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Steel Magnolias is one of my all time favorite movies.
I know so many of the lines.

Elle Jay Bee said...

You have just pictured two of my favourite things...popcorn and Steel Magnolias. I can't think of a better way to spend an evening!

Linda